* An admissions specialist will reach out to you shortly.
Mental health disorders and relationship problems can go hand in hand.
Couples counseling and treatment equip the couple to make and effectively navigate challenges or changes while adjusting to a life in recovery. Therapy helps facilitate each person’s ability to better understand and cope with the difficulties they face in a safe space. Couples who participate in treatment together benefit from the opportunity to establish mutual support and and improved emotional well-being.
Both Partners Need Support
Develop Healthy Communication Skills
We all want to feel loved and supported. Unfortunately, unhealthy communication patterns may leave both partners feeling like they have been misunderstood. Our best intentions can get lost in anger, frustration or sadness. Regardless of your situation, you can learn how to really “hear” your partner and help them understand your needs.
We can help you:
- Address differing communication styles
- Learn how to voice concerns openly and without unhealthy retaliation
- Break patterns of communication that are no longer working
- Discover how to be an empathetic listener
- Understand how each person gives and receives affection
- Foster a safe, supportive environment for ongoing communication
End the Enabling
Sometimes the non-addicted partner may inadvertently enable their loved one’s addiction. Enabling is something that the partner may do, which allows the addiction to continue, unknowingly and without intent. Couples counseling can help both partners identify and be aware of enabling behaviors so that unhealthy patterns can be broken.
Enabling may look like:
- Cleaning up “messes” caused by substance use, anger or depression
- Hiding a loved one’s addiction or mental health disorder
- Lending money or using money to mask family problems
- Taking care of responsibilities that belong to the addicted person
Facing Life’s Hurdles
While recovery from drugs and alcohol can seem impossible, we know that there is a solution. Our team provides renowned clinical care for addiction—and our Admissions Specialists are standing by to help. Call us today.
Dallas, Texas 75230
Follow Us On: