* An admissions specialist will reach out to you shortly.
Addiction is a family disease
Each member of the family system needs their own path to recovery. No matter what circumstances your family faces, we are here to be your support.
You may feel overwhelmed by your loved one’s addiction and/or their mental health concerns, leading to sleepless nights and a sense of powerlessness. Substance use and co-occurring disorders impact the entire family system, can destroy your peace of mind, and create what may seem like insurmountable problems. Our licensed therapists can help you navigate the intricate emotional, psychological, and social issues associated with co-occurring disorders. Our support services include strategic Family Case Management as well as guided Family Therapy.
We also offer a free Family Support Group which place every Wednesday night from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. via Zoom. This Family Support Group is open to the public and all are welcome to attend. Meeting ID: 886 0165 6349 Passcode: Support
Family Case Management
Case management involves working across multiple disciplines to help you find the services your family needs for healing and restoration. Our professionals can guide you through complex problems and help you identify the best possible treatment options for your family. We offer guidance and support for families at every stage—before, during, or after your loved one’s treatment.
Depending on your unique case, family case management may include:
- Education about addiction and mental health disorders
- Assistance with planning, preparing or facilitating an intervention
- Continued support and guidance while your loved one moves through treatment
- Referrals to the vast network of professionals we work with across the country
- Advice on how to cope if your loved does not want to participate in therapy or comply with continuing care recommendations
- Suggestions of ways to keep everyone on the “same page”
- Encouragement to stay the course and follow the boundaries you’ve outlined
- Post-treatment follow-up and support
Family therapy can help the individual members of a family unit recover and heal together. This compassionate therapeutic setting provides a safe space not only for the individual struggling to overcome a mental health disorder but also for their family. Sessions are designed to help the family heal relationships, make positive changes to improve the home environment, and rediscover healthy family dynamics.
Family therapy typically involves the person with a mental health disorder and at least one other family member. Family members who may be supported by family therapy at Origins Counseling include:
- Spouses or significant others
- Adult children
- Other individuals who are close to the patient
Benefits of Family Therapy
Active involvement in your loved one’s recovery vastly improves the chances of long-term success and your household’s ability to function as well as the mental health of other individual family members. Family therapy can serve as an opportunity to address additional co-occurring mental health issues, such as depression or anxiety, which may exist within the family that impede family communication and contribute to relapse.
During your experience at Origins Counseling, we can help you:
- Voice your concerns in a safe space
- Learn how mental health disorders and addiction affect the entire family
- Know how to appropriately support a loved one in recovery
- Understand how treatment works and what to expect in the future
- Develop strategies for self-care
- Ease the feelings of anger, stress, fear and confusion related to substance use
- Improve communication skills
Free Family Support Group
Topics covered during the Family Support Group include:
- Confronting with Love
- Why do we avoid our Feelings?
- Even the dog walks on Egg shells
- Why would God do this to our Family?
- Attitude of Gratitude
- Dual Diagnosis
- Continuum of care and the concept of time
- I love you to Death
- Al Anon Meetings Vs. Doing the work
The Family Support Group is free and open to the public. All are welcome to attend.
Meeting ID: 815 1713 9110
Please email Clinical Director, Shea Barakatt, LCSW at email@example.com for more information.
While recovery from drugs and alcohol can seem impossible, we know that there is a solution. Our team provides renowned clinical care for addiction—and our Admissions Specialists are standing by to help. Call us today.
Dallas, Texas 75230
Follow Us On: